Teaching Primary Science: Getting Started
Learn how to deliver primary science in an engaging and practical way in this course for teachers of 5-11 year old pupils.
Help your pupils love and understand science
Primary science is the first opportunity to develop your pupils’ curiosity about the world. Studies suggest that by engaging pupils in practical science work frequently, they will have a greater understanding and enjoyment of science.
On this course you will develop your confidence in doing practical science in the primary classroom. You will explore a range of practical science techniques, activities and enquires and think about the impact they have upon the learning of your pupils.
What topics will you cover?
- Resourcing practical science easily
- Managing practical science in the primary classroom
- Identifying types of enquiry
- Embedding practical science in planning
- Exploring activities which spark curiosity
- Developing thinking and reasoning skills
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Develop confidence in carrying out practical science for 5-11 year olds
- Explore ideas for effective practical work in primary science
- Identify the types of enquiry and when to use them
- Investigate activities which engage children in learning about science
- Design opportunities for developing thinking and reasoning through science
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes