Integrating learning in school curriculum
Why join the course?
This course develops understanding of the inter-relatedness of knowledge areas in the primary school curriculum and the need for teachers to work collaboratively in developing the curriculum in schools.
Content emphasizes scaffolding students understandings and learning process skills across learning contexts.
The course also focuses on creatively designing and implementing conceptually integrated learning tasks and provides opportunities for teacher candidates to develop competency in this area of making links across the primary school curriculum.
- Understand the inter-relatedness of knowledge area in the primary school curriculum.
- Analyze the MOE primary curriculum and teaching materials for opportunities to develop integrative lessons
- Know the key steps in planning an integrative learning unit
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines in developing interlocking or common lessons
- Define student expectations in relation to learning tasks.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- plan a more imaginative, integrated curriculum by presenting in accessible language a rationale and framework for teaching a cross the subjects.
- plan lessons spanning across different disciplines and translating it with strategies that will make it meaningful for the learners.
- build an integrative approach based on educational projects based learning.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes