Behaviour Management for Learning
Why join the course?
This is a practical course. We will not delve deeply into theory of behaviour, but will focus on what you need to know to manage and improve the behaviour of your learners.
At some points the course will look at working at the sharp end – how to survive and thrive in difficult environments.
Even if you are not in this situation at the moment, the emphasis you need to have on calm consistent practice in this environment is good practice in every school.
Throughout the course you’ll be shown how to transform the behaviour of your students. You’ll learn how to take control, build positive relationships and begin teaching your students the self discipline they need in STEM subjects.
What topics will you cover?
- Managing your own behaviour to influence your students’ behaviour: controlling yourself, adult behaviour and interacting with students.
- Using rules and routines to achieve consistency: routines, rules and habits.
- Intelligent use of recognition to motivate students: recognition, classroom techniques and communicating home.
- Reducing friction when students behave badly: diverting and diffusing, scripted interventions.
- Reparation and restorative practice: punishments and restoration.
What will you achieve?
The course will enable you to:
- offer your understanding, rather than counter views
- add your perceptions, inviting others to reply to you
- listen to responses and respond rather than ignore contributions
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes