Action Research in STEM
Why join the course?
This module introduces teachers to current trends issues and challenges in STEM science. It aims to develop in participants the basic skills to formulate action research proposals with a focus on innovations in practice, curriculum, instruction and assessment. Emphasis will be placed on the role of a teacher as an action researcher and as a life-long learner.
- Understand that knowledge needs to be presented in an authentic context
- Learn how to make education decisions based on reflective practices and a personalized theory of science teaching
- Identify ethical and educational dilemmas, and seek appropriate solutions to these issues with justifications based on principles rather than just personnel opinion
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify the components of action research in STEM education
- Plan an action research investigation.
- Design and implement an action research proposal
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes